Monday, June 13, 2011

Paper Wreath, DIY

Well...this idea was taken from several different places.  Some on etsy.com, some on blogs, some at stores in the U.S, before we left.  I've been wanting to try it and finally gave it a go since we desperately need home decor!
First, you need a piece of cardboard.  Cut it in a circle.  I used a recycled cereal box:
Then, you need some paper cones.  I used pages from a book we got on the side of the street.  You may have a book on your shelf, or go to a thrift store:
 Okay, now the fun part!  Glue the cones onto the cardboard!  I could not find a glue (tried two different ones) that would stick, so I finally defaulted to a glue gun, but that seems a little extreme for this project:
Keep on!  Glue your heart out until you want to be done layering.  I put an accordion fold and jewel in the center, but you can do SO MANY things.  Some people added monograms.  Some people added profile silhouettes.  There are a lot of ideas out there:
Close up!
  Let me know how it turns out...and, I'm always looking for other good, cheap, resourceful ideas!  Please pass them on!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute project! Bunches hung together would almost look like snowflakes. I'm always looking for fun projects to do with my niece. She may like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing this is not as difficult as it would seem! We might be able to tackle this! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete